Empowering transitioned women: Safety, Welfare, Community.
Transiness has been running since 2012, and changed along with emerging and divergent communities, embracing a wide range of identities and supporting everyone under the transgender umbrella to live better lives. In 2023, Transiness temporarily closed, running down its activities on Facebook and X (formerly Twitter).
In response to political changes in the United Kingdom, we reformed, recognising the urgent need to protect and empower transitioned women.
Transiness is a minority support group and community for transitioned women. We welcome all women who have meaningfully transitioned, and those who live without openly revealing their medical background, and from all age groups with the challenges they face in the UK.
Most of the proposed changes to the treatment of transgender people disproportionally affect transitioned women. With healthcare, work and social issues due to impact transitioned women severely, we aim to take a collective approach to the protection and welfare of transitioned women.
* We recognise the threat of being outed, and how that might devastate transitioned women's lives.
* We recognise the forced relocation of transitioned women to men's spaces under the guise of "separation by sex" as a form of discriminatory abuse.
* We support and advocate for safe spaces for transitioned women in every area of their lives.
* We recognise the exclusion of transitioned women from support from current sexual violence services. We believe that transitioned women deserve specialist support and their own spaces to heal from trauma, and have a space to talk about their experiences away from cisgender men, cisgender women and those who have not meaningfully transitioned.
* We believe that safe spaces for transitioned women are vital, and that we have every right to organise and promote social policy aimed exclusively at the safety of transitioned women.
* We recognise that transitioned women are biologically and physically different from cisgender men and have significantly different health, social and psychological needs.
* We reserve the right to define ourselves and our community based on our physical bodies and hormonal profile. We recognise that some transitioned women define themselves outside of the transgender umbrella.
* We aim to act as a collective, recognising and respecting every individuals contribution to the safety, welfare and community of transitioned women.
Any transitioned woman who has socially transitioned and has been on HRT for at least 18 months is welcome to join our discord server here.
Empowerment, belonging, education, support.
With our organization’s mission always in mind, we strive to find new strategies for dealing with the challenges of surviving and thriving as a transitioned woman. Advocacy is something that we take very seriously, and we aim to take a collective, coherent approach to cement cohesion and ultimately advise and advocate for the safety and welfare of transitioned women.
With this initiative, our goal is to promote great opportunities for all transitioned women, and especially those in greatest need. With access to the right resources, transitioned women can become empowered by their own abilities and gain the confidence to fulfill their potential.